Chocolate Goji Berry Seed Bars
3rd June 2014
Need something for the children at school pick up? These will make them happy and satisfy them till supper
2 tablespoons of flax seeds
2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
3 handfuls of goji berries
1 handful of pitted dates
4 tablespoons of cacao powder
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon mixed nuts (to decorate)
1 tablespoon dried fruits (to decorate)
- Place all ingredients, except the coconut oil, nuts & dried fruits, into a food processor, and pulse a few times to start creating a stiff coarse paste.
- Melt the coconut oil and add the melted oil to the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Then process the ingredients on high power until all have thoroughly mixed into a smooth firm paste.
- Add the paste to a small cake tin (lined with baking parchment) and press down firmly to completely fill the tin. Decorate with the remaining nuts and dried fruit.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for 3 hours until set firm.
- Slice into about 8 even pieces.
Categories: Sport & Exercise, Children's Health, Recipes