Rocket Salad with Roasted Beets, Squash & Shallots with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
8th April 2013
This is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s new book, It’s all Good.
2 large beetroot (cut into 1.5 cm cubes)
1 small butternut squash (cut into 1.5 cm cubes)
6 large shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds (though I used pine nuts in the photo)
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup (there’s really no need for this but I’m giving you Gwyneth’s recipe to the letter)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the beetroot, squash and shallots with salt and roast in 3 tablespoons of olive oil at 200 degrees, until thoroughly cooked (about 30-35 mins).
- Meanwhile wish the vinaigrette ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the rocket in a bowl and coat with half the dressing and then lay out on a serving platter,
- Coat the roasted vegetables in the remainder of the dressing (using the same bowl) and then lay on top of the rocket.
- Sprinkle with the seeds and serve immediately.