Sweet Potato & Chickpea Bake
3rd June 2014
This is another wonderful recipe from Dale Pinnock, packed full of goodness and very easy to make. I have doubled it up so that it serves 6 with some left overs for lunch the next day.
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red onions, finely chopped
4 large handfuls baby spinach
2 × 400g cans chickpeas, drained
8 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
Blue cheese (optional)
Sea salt & black pepper
- Put sweet potatoes in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer for 8-10 mins, until soft. Drain well, season and mash into smooth purée.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a little olive oil in a pan, add garlic and red onion, cook for 4-5 mins until softened.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 mins until wilted.
- Add chickpeas, stir well, then add sun dried tomato paste. Season.
- Transfer chickpea mixture to a baking dish. Place sweet potato mash on top (as if making a shepherd’s pie).
- Crumble blue cheese over the top, bake for 15-20 mins until golden and bubbling. Allow to stand for a few mins before serving.
Categories: Sport & Exercise, Recipes