Banana Peanut Oat Bars
10th May 2014
This recipe is from The Medicinal Chef – I use them as energy bars before or after a training session. They beat anything you could buy!
1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
3 very ripe bananas
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
280g porridge oats
2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a 20cm square baking tin with a little coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey in a saucepan until liquid.
- Stir in the mashed banana then the oats and flaxseeds.
- Put this mixture into your greased baking tin then press down until even.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool before cutting into pieces.
Categories: Sport & Exercise, Recipes