Broccoli and Watercress Soup
14th August 2013
2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
1 large head of broccoli, cut into about 430g of small florets, washed and trimmed
2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
1 litre vegetable stock
1 Parmesan rind
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Put oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add leeks, garlic and broccoli and saute for a five minutes, until the leeks start to wilt.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the watercress and stir well.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before processing in a food processor, in batches, until smooth.
- Add sea salt and ground black pepper and serve, scattered with the reserved watercress and seeds.