LLB DipION BSc mBANT CNHC Registered
Vicki Lee is a fully qualified nutritional therapist and the founder of Nutritional Therapy Works.
Vicki graduated with a distinction from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London, a world leader in the field of nutritional therapy, and has a BSc in Nutritional Therapy from University of West London. She is a full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and is registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM).
Prior to training as a nutritional therapist, Vicki worked for many years as a lawyer at a leading global law firm based in the City of London. It was after the birth of her second child that she decided on a career change and was inspired to study at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition after experiencing first hand the amazing effect that dietary change can have on health and wellness. Her background in the City, together with being a mother of young children, provides Vicki with an invaluable understanding of the demands and pressures associated with a stressful career and busy lifestyle and a rigorous approach to dealing with problems.
Vicki believes strongly in evidence based nutritional therapy and is committed to furthering both her own knowledge and raising standards of practise in nutritional therapy generally. She is a Senior Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM), an organisation that promotes the exchange of information and ideas on the science, practise and organisation of medicine within the health professions. As part of her Continuing Professional Development Vicki regularly attends conferences and seminars at the leading edge of nutritional medicine in order to stay abreast of the latest developments and to provide the very best advice to her clients. Below is a selection of the educational events that Vicki has recently attended.
- DNALife Certification – Nordic Laboratories
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice – The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Supporting Mind, Memory & Mood – hosted by Nutri Limited
- Nutrition and Sports Performance – hosted by the Royal Society of Medicine
- Functional Medicine Conference – Clinical Application of Functional Medicine – hosted by Nutri Limited
- Musculoskeletal Health – hosted by Lamberts
- Diet and Children’s Behaviour and Learning – hosted by Food and Behaviour Research
- Healthy Ageing – hosted by Lamberts
- Functional Medicine Conference – Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome & Chronic Disease – hosted by Nutri Limited
- Auto-immunity – hosted by Nutri-Link Limited
- Gut Health – hosted by Lamberts
- Female Health – hosted by CAM Conferences
- Digestive Disorders – hosted by CAM Conferences
- A Journey Through the Prostate – hosted by the RSM
- Sports Nutrition Live – hosted by CAM Conferences
- Eggs: Establishing the Nutritional Benefits – hosted by the RSM
- Chronic Fatigue & Mood – hosted by CAM Conferences
- Female Health & the Menopause Transition – hosted by Lamberts Healthcare
- Female Health & the Reproductive Years – hosted by Lamberts Healthcare
- Gastroenterology: A clinical and scientific update – hosted by the RSM
- Dietary Strategies for the Management of Cardiovascular Disease – hosted by the RSM
- Allergy CPD Masterclass – hosted by The Allergy & Free From Show
- Human nutrition through the ‘seven ages’ – hosted by the RSM
- Nutritional Focus on Gum & Dental Care – hosted by Lamberts Healthcare
- Sex Hormone Dysfunction – The Role of Stress, Nutrients and Inflammation – hosted by Genova Diagnostics Europe
- Sex Hormone Dysfunction – Personalising Hormone Therapy – hosted by Genova Diagnostics Europe
- Thyroid Dysfunction – The Role of Nutrients and Toxins – hosted by Genova Diagnostics Europe
- Adrenal Dysfunction – The Role of Stress – hosted by Genova Diagnostics Europe
- Food, Drink and the Brain – hosted by the RSM
- Chronic Fatigue/Mood – hosted by CAM Conferences
- Polyphenols in Health & Disease – hosted by Lamberts Healthcare
- Restoring Vitality through Mitochondrial Support – hosted by Lamberts Healthcare
- An Orthomolecular Approach to Allergy and Atopic Disease – hosted by Nutri Limited
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases – hosted by NutriGold
Vicki is committed to attaining the highest standards of knowledge, competence, integrity and professionalism in the practice of nutritional therapy.